Asphalt Art® is an anti-slip media that conforms to uneven outdoor surfaces such as asphalt, concrete and paving bricks, providing a painted on effect. Since it withstands vehicle traffic it is great for outdoor advertising, point-of-purchase, events, wayfinding, street art and retail or restaurant pick-up areas.
Asphalt Art® Application Instructions
Issue Date: 6/1/2019 Version 1.2
Prior to application of Asphalt Art the surface temperature must be above 50 degrees Fahrenheit. The
surface should be clean, dry and oil-free. Remove any loose debris from the surface. Try to stay 4” or
more from curb gutter area of heavy water flow. Dirty surfaces may require power washing but, the
surface must be dry before application.
1. Snap a line or otherwise mark the perimeter of the application surface.
2. Starting at one corner, remove 6” of liner from the back side.
3. Orient the graphic on the surface; Peel back the liner gradually as you are applying the
graphic. A back and forth, press and smoothing motion is best.
4. Use your fingers, a soft roller or squeegee to work the graphic into any texture or cracks (see
pictures at bottom of page). Pay particular attention to the edges making sure they are securely
adhered to the surface.
5. Using a floor roller, starting at the center and working out covering the entire surface, this
helps to secure the Asphalt Art to the surface.
6. Do NOT overlap the Asphalt Art seams! Asphalt Art should not be applied on top of Asphalt
7. Repeat process for additional panels if it is a large graphic.
1. Use a scraper to work up one corner.
2. Grab the raised corner then pull the material back at a 180 degree angle. The material should
pull off in one piece. If the material tears use the scraper to start another edge.
3. Adhesive remover may be needed to remove any remaining adhesive from the surface.
Under normal traffic, simply sweeping the Asphalt Art® with a soft broom will remove most loose
particles. When the surface is visibly dirty, cleaning with a soft cloth soap and water will remove